This course is designed for consultants, experienced Parkinson’s nurses, final year registrars, final year old age psychiatry registrars, GPwSIs, experienced neurosciences pharmacists, associate specialists and staff grade physicians. The course will advance understanding of Parkinson’s disease and related movement disorders through taught sessions and mentorship (a mentor will be appointed for each participant where applicable).
Upcoming Advanced MasterClasses
► Parkinson's Advanced MasterClass 38A – Module 2
23/03/2021 - 24/03/2021
► Parkinson's Advanced MasterClass 40A – Module 1
19/05/2021 - 20/05/2021
► Parkinson's Advanced MasterClass 40A – Module 2
07/12/2021 - 08/12/2021
How are the courses taught?
The course is taught through a range of learner-centred methods including formal lectures, interactive workshops, and projects. Additional seminars and learning opportunities will be undertaken more locally with your mentor and through distance learning. Learners must complete a workplace service place audit during the six month break before returning to Module 2 to present their findings. Audits are presented to peers in small groups with a faculty member, where each audit is discussed and critiqued and learners take part in voting for the best audit. Find out more about the course structure by watching the videos on this page.
Parkinson’s Advanced Masterclass 38A Module 1 & 2′ has been approved by the Federation of the Royal Colleges of Physicians of the United Kingdom for 27 category 1 (external) CPD credit(s). Full conditions of approval are listed in our guidelines.
12 External credits may be claimed for an MSc or equivalent activity.
Both modules of the course, including an audit, must be completed in order to receive the course certificate, enabling learners to claim the allocated CPD credits.
We will apply for CPD accreditation from the Royal College of Physicians for PD Advanced MasterClass 40 and subject to confirmation of accreditation, CPD will be awarded upon completion of Module 2.
Course costs to be confirmed
The course fee includes all meeting materials and an evening dinner for both modules. Accommodation is not included in the course fee. With your confirmation you will receive further information on how to book your accommodation.
Delegates are responsible for their own accommodation and travel costs.
Places are not guaranteed, please do not send any money with your application – your place will be confirmed by email.
- Please ensure study leave has been applied for/approved before you apply for a place. Additional seminars and learning opportunities will be undertaken more locally with the mentor and through distance learning.
- For pre-course reading click here
- The Guidelines for MasterClass participants set out the course requirements and requests some basic information about you to ensure you get the most out of the course. It also provides useful information about the mentorship process and a mentor contract.
Potential funding opportunities may be available as follows for nurses, final year registrars and therapists:
- The British Geriatrics Society offer an educational grant, to apply, download their application form here.
- If you are in touch with a pharma rep for Parkinson’s disease, a number of the companies will provide sponsorship for your place. Please contact your local rep or contact us should you not have this information.
Terms and conditions
Please note our Terms and Conditions