Previously known as the Classic MasterClass, this course is designed for consultants, experienced Parkinson’s nurses, final year registrars, final year old age psychiatry registrars, GPwSIs, experienced neurosciences pharmacists, associate specialists and staff grade physicians. The course will advance understanding of Parkinson’s disease and related movement disorders through taught sessions and mentorship (a mentor will be appointed for each participant where applicable).
The Advanced MasterClass programmes are approved by the Federation of the Royal Colleges of Physicians of the United Kingdom for 22 category 1 (external) CPD credit(s). Please note that the credits are subject to approval of the final programme.
Upcoming Advanced MasterClasses
Parkinson's Advanced MasterClass 36A - Module 1
18/06/2019 - 20/06/2019
The course will cost £650* + VAT which includes all meeting materials at both modules. Delegates are responsible for their own travel costs.
Places are not guaranteed, please do not send any money with your application – your place will be confirmed by email.
- Please ensure study leave has been applied for/approved before you apply for a place. Additional seminars and learning opportunities will be undertaken more locally with the mentor and through distance learning.
- For pre-course reading click here
- The Guidelines for MasterClass participants set out the course requirements and requests some basic information about you to ensure you get the most out of the course. It also provides useful information about the mentorship process and a mentor contract.
- Once you have been accepted onto the course please complete and return the pre-course questionnaire at least 6 weeks prior to the course start date. The Academy differs from most courses because we take into account your needs based on the completed pre-course questionnaires. Each session will be adapted based on the needs of the group.
Potential funding opportunities may be available as follows for nurses, final year registrars and therapists:
- The British Geriatrics Society offer an educational grant, to apply, download their application form here.
- If you are in touch with a pharma rep for Parkinson’s disease, a number of the companies will provide sponsorship for your place. Please contact your local rep or contact us should you not have this information.
Terms and conditions
Please note our Terms and Conditions