Please note that all session and slide content are the views of the Speakers, not the Parkinson’s Academy. The content of the recording is the speaker’s personal opinion at the time of recording. Due to the everchanging situation, advice given at the time of recording is subject to change.
Dr Conor Maguire, Consultant Physician in Geriatric and General Medicine, Western General Hospital Edinburgh
Dr Sarah Marrinan, Consultant Physician, NHS Lothian
Dr Richard Genever, Consultant Physician and Movement Disorders Lead, Chesterfield Royal Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
Dr Emily Henderson, Consultant Geriatrician and lead for Movement Disorders Research, Royal United Hospitals Bath NHS Foundation Trust
Topics covered during this webinar:
- Clarifying UK Government advice on social distancing for people with Parkinson’s (i.e. high risk but not shielded)
- Exploring co-morbidities of people with Parkinson’s
- The role of stress and enclosed spaces in Freezing of Gait
- Amantadine – no evidence of benefit in COVID (previous use in influenza)
- What’s changed for our patients: at home, as outpatients, in hospital
- Which NMS may become problematic in this context
- What can we all do / suggest, such as keep to a routine, good sleep, hygiene etc.
- Atypical presentation and the how the research agenda for older people may be applicable to those with PD
This meeting is designed and delivered by the Parkinson’s Academy and sponsored by BIAL Pharma. The sponsor has had no input into the educational content or organisation of this meeting.
Posted in: COVID-19