Following a successful course in November 2017 we are pleased to announce that we will be holding another course on the 21 and 22 June 2018. We are currently working on a programme that will include Parkinson’s, dementia and multiple sclerosis. The new course will be a two day residential course in Sheffield. To register your interest and receive updates about this course click the button below.
Our previous course was aimed at health professionals involved in palliative care for neurological conditions largely focused on Parkinson’s and dementia – including allied health professionals, doctors (grade SpR and above), specialist nurses, community teams and GPs.
The course covered some of the following topics:
- Specific unmet palliative care needs in Parkinson’s and dementia
- Palliative assessment tools
- Disease-specific issues faced by patients
- Commonly encountered medications and their side effects
- Terminal stages – particularly how to identify and manage drug therapies in final days
- Service considerations and delivery
- Promoting autonomy – how and when to consider ACP in the context of cognitive impairment
- Examples of good practice, discussion of how such practice could be spread and incorporated elsewhere
- Future directions and research, quality improvement opportunities
Palliative Care MasterClass, Sheffield
21/06/2018 - 22/06/2018
Potential funding opportunities may be available as follows:
- The British Geriatrics Society offer an educational grant, to apply, download their application form here.
- Parkinson’s UK may also fund up to £200 with a grant.
Terms and conditions
Click here to see our terms and conditions.