We are pleased to announce the launch of our first Palliative Care MasterClass. This course is aimed at health professionals involved in palliative care for neurological conditions largely focused on Parkinson’s and dementia – including allied health professionals, doctors (grade SpR and above), specialist nurses, community teams and GPs.
This one-day course will cover some of the following topics:
- Specific unmet palliative care needs in Parkinson’s and dementia
- Palliative assessment tools
- Disease-specific issues faced by patients
- Commonly encountered medications and their side effects
- Terminal stages – particularly how to identify and manage drug therapies in final days
- Service considerations and delivery
- Promoting autonomy – how and when to consider ACP in the context of cognitive impairment
- Examples of good practice, discussion of how such practice could be spread and incorporated elsewhere
- Future directions and research, quality improvement opportunities
Potential funding opportunities may be available as follows:
- The British Geriatrics Society offer an educational grant, to apply, download their application form here.
Terms and conditions
Click here to see our terms and conditions.
Ethypharm is supporting this course through an unrestricted educational grant.